Project CBD was established in 2010 by journalists who had been covering the medical marijuana story—the science, the movement and the industry. We felt that the reintroduction of CBD-rich cannabis into the grassroots supply merited special attention. The serendipitous reappearance of whole plant CBD in Northern California in 2009 has given doctors and patients a unique opportunity to evaluate the effects of cannabidiol (CBD). Today we provide educational services for physicians, patients, industry professionals, and the general public, including:
- Updating doctors and patients on developments in cannabis science, therapeutics, and political economy.
- Supporting the efforts of physicians and other researchers to collect, aggregate, and publish data from patients to determine patterns of CBD efficacy—or lack of efficacy.
- Conducting training workshops for consumers, health workers, and dispensary staff on the benefits and challenges of CBD-rich therapeutics.
- Offering a CBD Locator Map to highlight storefronts and delivery services that provide high quality CBD-rich medicine.
- Publishing a free online newsletter
- Co-producing Cannabis Conversations, an educational video series.